Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still Struggling....Towards SLOW SALTY DOG


Early this morning I struggled through another swim training. Ugh! I've switched it up a little with the training schedule. It's been getting lighter later and later in the mornings. Running at the park alone in the dark is not a good thing. I think I may have improved my speed partly because I've been imagining a serial killer chasing me around the park trying to slay me~! OH, NO!! Run, Forest Run!! ;-) So thus I switched my training schedule around a little.


But I was also hoping that doing the swim earlier in the day would make it --possibly-- a little easier? Well, no such luck! It's all the same. But I will admit it was rather nice having a lane all to myself. At the same time, I wonder if some of the swimmers that were joining other lanes were avoiding me for fear that I would slow them down; or bring them down?


I'm actually looking more and more forward to the SLOW SALTY DOG Triathlon, if only to seeing an end to this swimming laps thing. Isn't that terrible, but I am not finding any JOY in this part of the event. I find myself concentrating SO hard on the strokes. I try to be constantly working on my form that sometimes I almost feel like I'm getting worse on the whole as to better. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back. Yikes! Maybe I should be working on my backstroke!


A date has been set for the SLOW SALTY DOG event. September 26th is "D" Day! I have a month to pull this whole thing off. I'm progressing on the running quite well. I'm up to 7.5 miles, and hoping to push towards 8 or 9 miles this weekend. We've been working on a t-shirt design, and some medals have been ordered. A whole month... It's almost here, and I have to admit I'm getting just a bit of stage fright. Or should I say performance anxiety? But I keep telling myself to just breathe, and concentrate on the training for now. That's half of the battle, or maybe more.
A month-- seems like a such a short amount of time...

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it Jeanne! And remember - this is all about fun- no stress! We'll all do our best and have a great time trying (or should I say TRI-ing?). At the end of the day, we are all winners just for giving it our best shot :)

    ReplyDelete