Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Holidays!

This morning it finally snowed a bit.  I was getting concerned about having a white Christmas.  For the last week it has been rainy and gloomy and there's some snow up in the mountains that you can see in the distance.  But it kind of feels like a snow capped gloom.  So this evening there's a light dusting of the white stuff.  I just hope it holds out until Christmas.  Please, please, please...

Why is it that for some of us Christmas just isn't Christmas unless we have the white stuff?  Have I been conditioned by some marketing company in some northern exposed area of Minnesota or maybe farther up north? Christmas and snow just go in hand for me.  I'm not sure how I would do to be in a southern area where snow just doesn't come.  I think I would probably be buying a bunch of white felt and putting layers out on the front lawn.  I could see the neighbors thinking I was some "Damn Yankie!" that should have stayed up North. 

Next week I'll be using up the last of my vacation days out of necessity-- use them or loose them.  I hope to be spending my time at home relaxing and possibly painting.  If you get the chance check out my "100 Salt Lake City Porches" project that I recently started on my other blog Allgood Art.  I've managed 6 porches so far.  I hope to have all 100 done sometime in November 2011.

But anyway, here's wishing you Happy Holidays to you and yours! May you receive some good presents and hopefully keep your sanity around the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment