Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vacation & One Helena of a Ride...

I've been off in Big Sky Country  of Montana this last week.  The main purpose of the trip up there was the Helena 100 Bike ride but I went up a day earlier and did a bit of site seeing of the Helena area.  Here's some photos from my trip... First we took the Helena Train tour.  Julia, a fellow cycling club member, also came up from Salt Lake early to do some site seeing.


Julia & I on a Helena mini train tour.
 


One of several older mansions that are in Helena.  At one time, Helena had the highest per capita Millionaires.





Another mansion that was along the train ride's route.

Rode the train through Helena Scenic downtown.


Outdoor cafes with leaning bikes were a common scene.
I took a drive later on that day out to 2 of the lakes outside Helena; a mear ten mile scenic drive in the car.



Then Saturday came and it was riding time!  A BEAUTIFUL ride along the upper Missouri River.
Janet, Patty, Jay,& I-- No, I didn't get the memo about the jersey choice!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment