Thursday, January 12, 2012

Still Recovering & Buy Art From a Pirate?

Photo: "Mannequin on Deck"; Watercolor on 8" x 10" Paper. It and several
others will be at my art show this Saturday.
My body is still trying to recover from last weekend’s list of workouts I did.  Saturday, it was a hip-hop fast paced Zumba class where I’m sure I looked part idiot – part spasmostic.  It was a challenge to keep up and trying not to run into anyone else in the class but I will admit it was fun!  A good cardio workout too! 

Sunday came and I tagged along with Diane to a Boot Camp Work Out.  OMG!  During the warm up period, I found myself already in trouble.  1.5 minutes of “flutter kicks”?!!! (Flutter kick= lying on back, hands under small of back, lift legs off of floor and scissor kick without touching floor.)  The 1.5 minutes felt like 3 minutes of literally wrenching my gut. 

From there we stood up and did what I refer to as a “tsunami” of squats where we would “rest” for 10 seconds in the squat position.  Then as fast as we could go from squat to stand and back to squat in under 30 seconds.  We repeated this a few times and the “rest” was no rest no matter how much the instructor said it was.  My front thighs are still feeling this one today (4 days later.).  The rest of the Boot Camp went thru a series of dead lifting and “burp bees”, swinging kettle balls with push-ups, and arm press with 15 lbs. weight bar with jumping pull-ups.  By the time I got to the jumping pull-ups, my arms were saying NO MORE.  I had to opt out.

It was ¾ thru the day that I realized I was still signed up for reformer pilates early Monday morning and I was still very so sore from the morning.  But Monday morning came and I hated the thought of paying for a class and not showing.  So I went to class, but I’m glad I did because it ended up being a good thing.  The instructor took up some really good stretches at the end of the class that made all the difference to me walking half way decently.

I’ve been terribly stressed this last week getting ready for my 100 Salt Lake City Porches Art Show.  Click here to get the 411 on the art show.  I’m so stressed in fact that I have a sty in my right eye that seems to not be going away.  The last two mornings, I’ve woken up to almost not being able to see out of my right eye.  I’ve had to apply warm compresses on it to make the swelling go down.  I’ve been wearing my sunglasses quite a bit because I can’t wear eye makeup (I feel SO nude!) and my right eye is slightly swollen with red.  I just hope it goes away before my art show this Saturday.  I was teasing a friend that I may have to find a sexy eye patch to wear for the show.  “Want to buy a painting from a pirate? Argh!”    

1 comment:

  1. Hey that cute doggy looks amazing, i like that pic very much...