Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Good & the UGLY...

The Good…
** I survived the opera and lived to tell of the event. It actually was an amazing opera. The classic tale of Hansel & Gretel was wrapped up together with wonderful costumes, sets, a bit of fog, and cute children filling in various extra parts. Did I mention I was in amazing seats? I was in the 4th row of the balcony. I didn’t need to use opera glasses to see their faces on stage. I was amidst all those people that had jewels, furs, and tuxes; but I wasn’t as out of place as the guy that showed up in a t-shirt and holey blue jeans.

** I finally got a battery for the “Health-O-Meter” scale.  After weeks of forgetting to pick up the batteries, I finally remembered!  Though, I tend to wonder how much of the forgetting was subconscious.



The Ugly…
** This occurred after I put the new battery in the “Health-O-Meter”. (Who thinks up these names for scales?) I took off every stitch of clothing (hoping that this would help) and stepped on. OMG! When the digital red numbers stopped looping around, it was pretty UGLY! So UGLY, I wanted to take the new battery out and drop the scale from my third floor balcony. But I didn’t!  It's obvious, the "Health-O-Meter" was working properly but was not being agreeable to my vanity.

** The REAL Ugly that I’m 15 lbs. heavier than what I had expected! So now I’ve got 32 lbs. to lose before I get to my goal weight. OUCH!

The Good…
** I want to end this on a positive note. I got on the scale this morning and I’m down 5 lbs.!  5 lbs. in 3 days!  I’m heading in the right direction. Only 27 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment