Friday, January 28, 2011

Weighing In & Choices...

This morning when I hopped on the scale, I was surprised to see that I was down 4 lbs. for the week. Not that I was disappointed; quite the contrary. Most of the week I had been hitting a plateau of a 1 lb. loss for the week; but BAMM! This morning, I was down another 3 lbs.! This started my Friday morning off at a pleasant place, and I felt good. I’m down a total of 9 lbs. so far and that feels good!




I will tell you though that I’ve rather been working my tail off for those 3 lbs this last week. I worked out 4 different times at the gym (all at a 60 minute minimum) and even went on a 3 mile snow hike. I’ve pretty much stuck with the 1200 calories per day plan. I did have a cleansing day this last Saturday and that was the day I lost the first pound this last week. Go figure! I did have a couple of days where I forgot to eat a meal. I got too busy and forgot to eat. This happens to me. Sometimes, I get to going 90mph and I don’t feel like stopping in to the pit stop.



What’s been the hardest thing for me recently has been making the correct healthy low cal choices. 1200 calories per day can quickly be eaten up by fattening high calorie foods, and then you can be looking at an empty plate or end up skipping a meal which is not a good thing.  It’s hard when you are eating the low cal tuna salad sandwich in the lunch room and one of the guys sits down next to you with a big juicy cheeseburger with potato skin fries. It especially doesn’t help when they offer you some of the fries and you’re still hungry after consuming the tuna salad.   Eating out seems to be especially hard and some of the salads out there are not as low cal as you would be led to believe.  I've gone to the always ordering the salad dressing off to the side.  But overall, I'm discovering that I'm best off when I plan my meals ahead of time.  This has been a bit of a challenge because I'm a "do-er" and not too much of a "plan-er", but I guess that's something I'll need to learn.



I’ve been sticking as much as I can to the healthy low cal choices, and it’s starting to show. The other day, I stood nude in front of the mirror and took a hard appraisal of what I saw. I know I’ll never have my 20 year old body back and that I need to do some work here. But I think that with a bit of work I can gain my “legs of steel” back. If I start doing some sit ups on a regular basis, I could get back my flat stomach. (No, there’s no chance of a 6 pack here—except if it’s for alcohol consumption.)  But overall, there's some possibilities to see myself looking not too bad in a bikini this summer.  I just need to get working on it.



To these means, I’m planning on doing some sit ups on a more regular basis. I’m also thinking of getting some more upper body work outs. Tomorrow morning I’m meeting Diane for a swim, which often turns into an excellent upper body workout. Now to keep up on everything and keep on track; after all there’s only 23 lbs to go….

No comments:

Post a Comment