Friday, June 11, 2010

Back To SQUARE ONE...

I went for a run on Wednesday morning. It had been almost 3 weeks since I had run, and I’ve lost it! I just couldn’t run. It wasn’t in my body to run, and so I ended up doing a quick paced walk for 3 miles instead of the run I had planned.




I had been SO busy with preparations for Little Red and trying to get some cycling in that the running aspect of my training got sidelined. In hindsight, it was not a good thing to be doing. I’m now paying for it. I’m starting from Square 1 again. I will admit that I’m at least a little better off than I was last year at this time. I’ve all ready ran one half marathon, and I own the shoes.



So now I find myself struggling to come up with a training plan. I’ve got a few goals that I need to work towards this summer. One century on the bike, another half marathon, and a double(possibly triple) canyon bike ride in one day. I’ve just need to come up with the balance training plan. All the while try to keep it manageable so that I can allow recovery for my body.



Another factor that’s not a “happy” thing is that Monday morning I was up 8 lbs. OUCH! Yes, I was STRESS eating while getting all of those preparations for Little Red volunteers on the way. I didn’t have time and I grabbed a lot of fast food. BAD ME!!!  I need to get back to my food journal and get serious. The extra weight is making it harder to break into the training regement. But the good news is that I got serious this week and am all ready down 4 lbs.



I’m hoping that I can get back to where I was. I was rather surprised at how quickly you can lose your running ability in a short time. It seems strange I can just hop on a bike and go 70 miles after a month of not doing anything, but run! Yeah, who’s dreaming now!

1 comment:

  1. Your running legs will come back quickly--- you'll see! Do not fret. Good luck with all your upcoming events!

    ReplyDelete