Monday, October 11, 2010

Love Your Body 10K Run & Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!

What an amazing weekend I had!  On Saturday morning I woke up early and ran the Love Your Body 10K run that's put on by Wasatch Woman at the wonderful venue of Thanksgiving Point.  I joined 1800 other women to run through the amazing gardens and I would have probably had a better running time... But DARN IT!  I HAD to take some pictures along the way.  It was just too beautiful not to.  Here are some photos from the run...








Then, I came home shower/changed and biked over to Liberty Park to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy for FREE!  It was the High Road for Human Rights Musical Festival.  Big Bad Voodoo Daddy played a set at 2pm then came back at 6pm and played another set.  I got to hang out with friends and catch a great deal of interesting people watching. And I tell you even on my worst day-- I never considered some of the outfits these people wore out in public.  It was ANYTHING GOES!   I was just waiting for the grampa with the plaid pants and striped shirt to show up at any minute because he would have fit right in~!    Here's some pictures of the concert...


If you look really close in the center, there's a guy with a tye dye shirt and patch quilt pants with a reggae hat on. OMG!

Another band that played in between Big Bad Voodoo Daddy sets.  And I thought Scaw music was dead? NOT! (But maybe it should be?)

No comments:

Post a Comment