Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Pause Button...

This morning as the alarm beeped I reached over and hit the snooze.  It was as I was lying there that I felt a delicious cool summer breeze blow through the window.  I also heard the gentle hum of the interstate.  Hmmmm…I rolled over and slowly doze off to sleep again; only to have the alarm beep 7 minutes later.  I reached over and pushed down on the snooze button.  I felt another delicious cool breeze, and the nice gentle hum of the interstate.  I started to doze off. 

As I dozed off again, I couldn’t help but think that I could use a pause button.  I SO wanted to stay here and enjoy this moment between being awake and asleep.  It was after the 5th time of pushing the snooze button that I had to finally start thinking about the reality of myself being late for work if I didn’t get going.  Darn it anyway because I would have loved to hit that pause button and enjoy this time frame for a bit longer.  I would’ve enjoyed staying in this laid back stress free zone for at least another 30 minutes.  But no—its back to reality for me as I hurriedly got ready for work.  Thank goodness I packed my bike clothes for the weekly Emigration Canyon ride last night before I went to bed.  Because I barely managed to make it on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment