Monday, April 27, 2009

A Thank You Potluck and a ...


A farewell to me!

Not-So-Good was so good to have hosted and put on a little “thank you” potluck dinner on for me. Sunday was my last day singing with the choir. Not-So-Good put on the dinner at her house on Sunday evening. I'm usually not too comfortable with being the center of attention but it was fun. Aw, there was some yummy food! Thanks to all of the choir members that came out to socialize with me. It’s always fun to just hang out and gab with the group. You’re a great bunch! Thank you also for the wonderful thank you cards, and gifts. You were a wonderful group to work with, and yes, I’m planning on coming back periodically--- like holidays, to come back and sing with you. (Above Photo: Part of the choir that was in attendance--[left to right]- Not-So-Good, Andy, John, Giselle, Me, Em, VanD, Mandy, and Katie.)

I just figured with the old church being torn down sometime this summer and the new one being built that it was a good time for me to step down from being the choir “organizer”. Now I did say “organizer”; not director. For you see, I think it’s funny that I’m in this position to begin with. I don’t read music, or play an instrument. I can tell when the notes go up or down; or the difference between a whole note and a quarter note, but that’s about it. Well, you could see how that would lead to some issues with a person being the choir director. Well, maybe a little!?!

How I came to be the choir organizer? I think everyone else in the group took two steps back and I was left standing out like a sore thumb. I guess you could say that I’m good at organizing, and being flexible. Sometimes, you just need to go with the flow, not try to over control things, and be open to ideas & suggestions. This group was perfect for that, and we often had fun just going along, and playing it by ear--- course, that’s mainly how I’m able to sing along anyway. (Above photo: Part of the choir group just gabbing away, and enjoying eachother's company.)

I want to wish Not-So-Good luck with the group. You’re going to do great and I ask that everyone give her a little understanding until she gets used to it. Also, know that I’m just a phone call or an email away if you have any questions. Thanks all, and I’m going to miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment