Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perfect 10 Update- Week 6

Here's my progress report--


--Lose 10 lbs. in 10 weeks: Good News! Good progress on this goal this week which is surprising considering that I did do a Chocolate & Wine Pairing Class on Tuesday night. But then again I did some extra cardio on Wednesday morning to combat the situation. I'm down another 1.5 lbs! YAHOOOOOOO! That puts me at a total weight loss of 4 lbs. over the 6 weeks. Hopefully, I can keep this up!


--Build to 10 miles of running in under 2.5 hours: This week was a back off from distance week. This last Sunday morning I did manage 5.35 miles in 63 minutes time. This next Sunday morning, I have a plan to run 10 miles which hopefully will take me lass than 2.5 hours. In fact, it looks like I might be able to manage within almost a two hour time frame. Keep your fingers crossed for me on this upcoming Sunday morning!


--Balance exercises 2 times per week: 50% accomplished! I did do my balance improving exercise once this week. I keep forgetting to do these exercises. I need to work on getting them into a regular part of my routine.


--Gym at least 3 times a week: 100%! Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday early mornings! I'm getting to where I have MY treadmill that I like to use... Can that be a good thing?


--Now for the UNKNOWN fact:
I got the idea this week from South Beach Steve's (http://logmyloss.com/) Perfect 10 update last week. I was a choir director for my church for almost 6 years. I have to laugh at the oddity of the whole situation because I don't play any instruments and I don't read music. I sing by ear and I don't really believe that much in practicing either. So here I am the choir director for a choir of almost 20 people. HELLO!! I see a slight issue here... but I think it was just that no one else wanted to be in charge and I've been told I'm a good people person. The choir only had about 4 regular people when I first started and when I stepped down this last year there's about 13 regular members and up to 20 for special choir events. I would quite often refer to myself as the choir organizer because when I said choir director I had people that would ask me to sing with them or ask music related questions where I had NO CLUE what they were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment