Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sorry! It's Not Covered Under Warranty

The pain is back in my upper front thigh areas and hips.  It seems to be in more in the hip joint; deeper this time and it has me somewhat concerned.  I ran 3.1 miles yesterday on the "dredmill".  I thought I would be okay after doing a fast paced walk of  5.5 miles last Friday night.  I felt good after the walk and had no problems.  I managed to do a total 75 miles on the bike this weekend with no problems.  But last night as the night wore on and I started feeling a bit of pain in those areas again.  Then this morning I woke up and literally crawled to the foot of my futon.  OUCH!  The pain's back!

I stretched and it seemed to help a bit.  I'm walking a bit bowlegged-ly today.  I keep telling myself," Think of taking small steps; small steps."  Normally during lunch on Thursday's I go upstairs and see what the oil painting class is painting.  But no today.  NO climbing steps today; unless I have to.  I'm almost dreading going home to where those three flights of stairs await me.  OUCH!  Sorry if I'm sounding a little whiny here, but this is new to me.  I usually can just brush off most pain; get up and get on with life.  But this is affecting how I walk which is frustrating!  I hope I'll be okay tomorrow and this weekend for some bike rides.  I promised Diane I would ride with her for the Salt Lake Cycle Century on Saturday. 

But I can't help but ask...What's going on here?  Is it running on the dredmill?  Is it the way I'm running?  Is it the newer pair of shoes?  Or is there something else going on?  I'm fine after biking.  I didn't have any problems before the half marathon while I was training for it.  So what's going on?  Was there something during the half marathon that happened to my body that I didn't notice?  Maybe I'm just falling apart, and I'm going to need some assembly required.  Old age is setting in, and darn it; I'm stuck.  

Hmmmmm....I'm thinking I may have to go to the doctor's office for a visit.  Darn it!  I'm going to call in and see about getting it checked out.   I can just see the Doc saying to me as if I was a car or an appliance (my imagination running wild here..),"Its just your average wear and tear on the body.... Sorry that's not covered under the normal warranty.  You didn't think to purchase the extended warranty with the special exclusion clause, did you?  So, sorry."  And me thinking to myself... "I'm totally screwed!  Gee, and I paid the $25 for the office visit to hear this?!?"

2 comments:

  1. well, don't ride if you have to ride in pain. otherwise, ride with me then head straight for a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane- I should be fine. It's just seems to be when I'm running that I have this pain. Most massages avoid that area... it's too close. So I think I'm SOL for a massage.

    ReplyDelete