Friday, May 14, 2010

A Wonderful Way to Start the Day...

The hips are feeling better to day.  I didn't have to crawl out of the futon this morning.  I even managed to catch the Early Morning Wake Up ride.  A nice easy slow paced bike ride before I came into work today.

On the way to the Early Morning bike ride, I watched the sun rise.  It was like watching a fire rise from the mountain.  It was amazing with all of the colors and I wish I would have had my camera with me.  Darn!  It was at home but here's one I took last year about the same time of year on my way to the bike ride.


I really enjoy these morning rides.  There's a group of about 9 of us that are regulars on this ride.  I refer to it as a gab session on wheels.  It's a fun group and we've all known each other a few years.  We are kind of a cantankerous group.  We poke fun and take verbal jabs at each other as we bike along this regular route three mornings a week.  I'm the young one in the group; and sometimes I remind them that I'm TOO young to remember certain things.  One of my common jabs at them.  I guess you could say that I get to take out a little early morning frustration out while biking along.  I tell my friends it's like taking an early morning walk on a bike.    It's a wonderful way to start off the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment