Friday, February 25, 2011

Feeling Fat Friday...

It was with a huge amount of trepidation that I approached the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in. I was feeling fat! You see I know I wasn’t good this week at all. I basically took Sunday and Monday off from being aware of what I was eating. I completely ate what I felt like and what I wanted with no regard for consequences. Oh boy!




Tuesday came and I watched what I ate but still went over my allotted calories for the day. But that night I purposely worked out harder at the gym. I ran 3.1miles on the treadmill and did 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. The sweat was just pouring off me towards the end of the workout.



Then, Wednesday arrived and I had a left over white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that one of my co-workers left in the lunch room. Then for dinner, I ate at a restaurant near where my watercolor painting class takes place. I ate half a sandwich, a cup of my favorite Fire Roasted Tomato soup, and a cookie at Paradise Bakery & Café. It doesn’t sound like a bad meal but the half sandwich was the Chicken Walnut Salad which comes on honey wheat bread and I should not have had the oatmeal raisin cookie (which of course, comes for free with the half sandwich & cup of soup combo). Course, I guess it’s better than fries.  I did not have time to work out that night.

The french fries came on Thursday.  I had with a burger and beer yesterday when I went for lunch with a co-worker. Talk about calories galore! BUT I will say I worked extra hard at the gym last night. I ran 2.6 miles and then did 35 minutes on the elliptical, hoping to make up for some of what I ate for lunch that day.


So, that was the state I was in as I stepped on to the scale this morning. I was terribly worried and I must admit that I was feeling fat because I knew I hadn’t been good during the week. When I got on the scale, it wavered between the same weight as last week and being one more pound up. It bounced between the two numbers.  It's neon red light not wanting to choose either one.  So, I’m figuring that I’m up half a pound more overall. This wasn’t as bad as I thought. But I did swing by the grocery store on the way into work and picked up my planned meals/snacks for today. I avoided the Friday donuts that were brought into work, and stuck to the plan. Now, to stay back on the plan and start working on losing the rest of these 21.5 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment