Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Ground Hog Day & January’s Progress…













Happy Ground Hog Day! Good news! It looks like an early Spring this year. I guess that the famous Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow. Of course, my co-workers and I were wondering if he couldn’t see his shadow due to a HUGE blizzard that hit the Northeast. I can imagine the man with the hat had to bribe Phil BIG time to even come out to take a look around. I imagine Phil would much rather be warm and driving around in that truck with Billy Murray in the 1993 movie version of Ground Hog Day. That was one of my favorite scenes where Bill’s character says, “Now don’t drive mad!” Sorry, I get a kick out of the idea of Road Raged Ground Hog.




It’s kind of hard to believe that January is over. I’ve managed some progress on my New Year’s Goals within the month’s time. I’m on track for my saving money so far but one month is only a bit of wading into the 2011 year. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to see a good tax return and add to the savings. Of course, I need to get my act together, sit down and do the tax return before I can coup any kind of gain.


I’m down 9 lbs. in weight as of last Friday and I’m working hard on this goal. I’ve put in a total of 4 hours 7 minutes on the elliptical for the month; as well as 29.10 miles running on the treadmill. I’ve been out for a couple of 3 mile snow hikes and even swam a mile. And there was enough sunny and low-40’s temperatures this last Saturday that I got an 8 mile bike ride in. That felt really good! I’m watching what I eat but I will admit that I’m still struggling just a bit with my evening snacking. There’s something I need to work on.

I'm progressing along with using my Nook.  I've read 3 books this month.  Two of those books were 600 plus pages; which means I'll read more books (shorter) books this month.  I know this wasn't really one of my goals but I thought I would throw something in here just to mix it up a little.


Tonight, I’ll get a good start in my watercolor painting class on #15 porch of the Salt Lake City Porches Art Project. Check out my Allgood Art Blog if you get the chance. I added a whole page where you can view the porches from the beginning. It’s rather interesting watching the progression of the porches. I think the project is helping my skills as a painter.


I’ve been working on getting rid of the clutter in my life. Right now, I’ve got a pile that’s in my living room that needs to go to the good will. Earlier this month when I was putting away my Christmas décor I took what I didn’t use and started the pile. Then, found some odds and ends in the front closet that I haven’t used in probably two years. It was all just sitting in there taking up room in a corner of the closet. Then, this last week I read a Better Homes & Garden on-line newsletter that talked about getting rid of clutter in the kitchen by going through the utensil drawer. Yep! I went through my utensil drawer and added to the pile. Now, I just need to get the pile of clutter out of my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment