Here's my weekly progress report for how I'm doing on my Perfect 10:
--Lose 10 lbs. in 10 weeks: I've lost 2 lbs. this week, and so that brings me to a total overall weight loss of 1 lb. It's progress and at least I'm moving in the right direction!
-- Build to 10 mi run in less than 2.5 hrs: This last Sunday I managed to do 5.3 miles in 68 min. I'm working on a combination of building up distance and working on a bit of speed on my shorter runs. My hope is that this theory will produce the final goal. I feel like I'm on track to reach this goal, and I even broke in a new pair of running shoes yesterday.
-- Balance exercises twice a week: I fell down on the job on this one this week. I only did the "Circle of Shoes" once this week. Something I need to work on.
-- Visit the gym 3 times a week: Reached! I went on Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. I think I got my money's worth this week.
Now for the unknown fact about me to the blogging world out there--
I used to love them when I was growing up but I'm allergic to mushrooms. Most of my close friends know that I'm allergic to mushrooms because they've had to redo a dinner menu in the past for me. But I don't think that even they knew that I used to really like mushrooms. I remember as a kid, the family piling into a car and going to this dive of a restaurant along the Mississippi River where we would play pool and eat deep fried breaded mushrooms that had blue cheese in them. YUM! In fact, I didn't have trouble with these fungi's until I was in my freshman year in college.
It all started with a large mushroom and cheese pizza from a local pizzeria across from campus. That Friday night, it took four college buds an hour to carry me from the college dorm; down four flights of stairs (no elevator) and across the street to the on-campus medical center. My head felt like it was going to explode at any movement. It's like I get a HUGE migraine and terribly sick to my stomach when I've had something with mushrooms. At first I did not have any idea what had cause this severe reaction to happen, but over time I finally narrowed down the culprit. In hopes that I could keep some form of mushroom. I tried every variety of mushrooms. All with the same reaction. So now I read labels and ask at restaurants when they list vegetables. Since it seems as though for some reason mushrooms is considered one of them. I think this also has made me not much of a fan when it comes to veggies too.
I've been told that what I have is actually a food intolerance and not an allergy. But it's easier to tell people that I'm allergic than explain what a food intolerance is. I find it very interesting that as a person gets older that your body can change and something that you used to really enjoy can become the enemy.