Sunday, August 26, 2012

DAY 5- Jean's Wedding on Whigby Island


Photo- Myself, Jean, and various wedding guests.
I went for another early morning walk with Otis.  He took me along the back of the of the Wildwood Farm Bed & Breakfast property to a trail aptly named Happy Trail.  The B&B is on Happy Valley Road.  The trail winds through a large wooded area.  Its beautiful green and woodsy.  I ended up turning around when the 5 paths verged in the forest area and I was unsure which one to take.  I didn’t want to get lost in the woods, though I would imagine that Otis would have showed me the way back.
Photo- The stairs from the Rocky Point Lodge area down to the beach.

I came back to a wonderful amazing breakfast of fresh honeydew melon, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and French toast stuffed with blackberries with a bit of cream cheese.  All of it was terribly yummy!  Otis didn’t partake of very much leftovers from this breakfast.

I kind of just hung out around the B&B—caught up on email, a bit of blogging, uploaded some photos, wrapped up a wedding present, and other misc. things.  I wanted to be available to help if Jean needed help getting ready.  She said they were going over at 10am to start set up.  I had taken a shower and was getting ready to head over about 11am when she called and said they had it all set up.  Okay, so I hung out a little more doing a little reading and then trying to figure out what to wear to a casual wedding. 
Photo- Wedding guests along the beach area.

The day’s weather was beautiful—sunny and not a cloud in the sky.  The perfect day for a wedding.  The wedding was held at a place called Rocky Point.  It’s a large wood cabin lodge just above a beach area on the opposite side of the Island from where my B&B is located.  It was maybe about an 8 mile drive over to it.

I arrived to a hive of activity taking place.  A rock band was setting up, people were putting out coolers with beverages, the keg of beer was on ice, and all kinds of people like me were taking photos of the amazing view from near the lodge area.
Photo- Some of the kids from the wedding party playing at the beach.

The ceremony was to take place at 2pm but got delayed because of guests being late of lost trying to find the place.  At 2:30pm, the small lovely simple ceremony took place in an area inside the lodge while the guests sat at shell decorated tables.  Walt and Jean held hands facing each other as the minister talked.

After that, they opened a buffet line that had macaroni salad, potato salad, corn bread, smoked pulled chicken, smoked pulled pork, and an apricot based BBQ sauce.  Walt’s son had smoked and cooked the meat and also made the bbq sauce.  It was all just wonderful and everyone went around and visited.  I got to meet quite a few of Jean’s family from the Oregon area.
Photo- Jean's daughter Christa, with a cousin being silly along the beach area.

Shortly after eating the band started up and some were dancing, some were just listening, and others went down to walk along the beach where you could still hear the band.  The band played tunes from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s.  It was just wonderful. 

As the sun started to drop towards the horizon, so did the temperature.  After watching the beautiful sunset out over the water, and as the band played their last tune; I found myself chilled to the bone in my skort.  I got in my car and headed back to the B&B for the night.  I guess I should have worn the blue jeans that Jean had suggested.  But overall, it was a wonderful event and I guess they have more planned for the next day too.
Photo- The amazing sunset at the end of Jean's wonderful wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment