Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Year in Review 2009...

I think it’s always interesting to look back over the year, and see what you’ve done and where you’ve been. I think it was someone famous that once said,” You don’t know where you’re going until you know where you’ve been.” Or maybe that was a line in a movie I saw once? But I think that there is some truth to that, and so here I am looking over the past year.

I’m not sure how to organize this last year and so I’m thinking (as I look out over a newly snow-covered landscape) that I’ll do it a month by month organization with just a quick list of the hi-lights from each. So here we go on my memory stroll of 2009…

January was a month of new beginnings—I started blogging (thanks to Diane in getting me started) and tired cross country skiing for the first time.

February was a social month with the 2nd Annual Black Widow’s Valentine’s Dinner Party and the Sunday Gras Baby Shower Drinking Party.

March had Lent, Yurting, and St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.

April was the celebration of the Popette’s 76th Birthday and a Potluck goodbye as I stepped down from being the Choir Director at St. Joe’s after 5 years.

May arrived with a piece of my artwork on display in the Salt Lake City Gallery Roll and a fun Gift card Day.

June came and I served as a Road Marshal for the Little Red Riding Hood (Utah’s Woman Only Bike Ride) and then in what I believe was an act of insanity I agreed to do the Slow Salty Dog Tri (70.3).

July proved to be a trying month as I stumbled through starting to train for the Slow Salty Dog and joined Face Book.

August was training and more training for the Slow Salty Dog.

September sprung and before I knew it I had survived the Slow Salty Dog Tri and had a wonderful Park City vacation with the interesting Iron Villa Cook Off.

October came and so did one of my favorite holidays—Halloween! I held my 3rd Annual Tricky Treat Costume Bike Ride, where over 20 fellow cyclists participated.

November proved to be an athletic minded month with “Fun Runs” such as the Chasing Tail and Cold Turkey and then I managed my way into Boot Camp.

December came at last and I actually survived the Boot Camp, Sang “O Holy Night” Duet, and sold some artwork.

I want to thank everyone who came into contact with me over the year. You helped to make this a wonderful year for me and I’m looking forward to seeing what 2010 holds.

Happy New Year to you all and I hope that 2010 proves to be a wonderful fortuitous year for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment