Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday & Happy Easter!


It's Good Friday today and I'm happy to see the end of this Lent season. I will admit that a great deal of my happiness stems from having no more FISHY Fridays. Oh, I know that's terrible of me(the ever struggling cafeteria Catholic) but having only fish on Fridays when I always seem to get cravings for something with chicken or beef in it has been quite the struggle for me this year. I will admit that part of the fact is that I'm not really that fond of fish in general to begin with, but I think I've noticed it more this year because I didn't do my usual giving up the three C's-- caffeine, coffee, and chocolate. I only gave up soft drinks this year and that I will admit wasn't much of a stretch. I had earlier in the year decided to give up all artificial sweeteners. So most of my Diet Cherry Coke was out, and that really only left regular soft drinks which do not play well when you are trying to lose weight.

Wishing you all a WONDERFUL and HAPPY EASTER! I hope the weather is good where ever you maybe.
They are predicting rain/snow here on both Saturday and Sunday. I had hoped to run the actual route of the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on Sunday but it looks as though the "dredmill" shall be the better deal. Darn it! This will be my last really long run before the SLC Marathon. This will be the real test to see if I'm ready.

2 comments: